June 19 & 26 | Better, Faster, Stronger: More Efficient Library Practices Through the Lean Approach
Join us for a conversation about Lean methodology and how it applies in every size library for any audience. At its core, Lean is about leveraging the knowledge of staff to break down current practices and processes, and replace them with simpler, more efficient changes that require less effort. Best of all, adopting a Lean approach can lead to large time and even money-saving results. Discover how to benefit from the ‘less work, higher impact’ model!
Date & Time:
This is a two-part virtual workshop.
- Part One – Monday, June 19 @ 2PM – 4PM ET
- Part Two – Monday, June 26 @ 2PM – 4PM ET
- Gain a high-level understanding of Lean Methodology;
- Learn how foundational lean principles, such as continuous improvement and huddles, can be applied in your library;
- Identify library-specific areas and processes that have streamlining potential and see practical examples and applications.
Webinar + Online Breakout Sessions
- Amanda French, Manager, Social Development (TPL); Lean Green Belt; ProSci Certified Change Management Specialist
- Kenneth Leung, Lean Program Manager; Lean Master Black Belt, Professional Engineer, ProSci Change Management Certified
- Members: $150
- Non-members: $190
- Non-member PLUS (includes 1 year membership): $200
- Staff at First Nations Public Libraries: $0
- Student, Retired, Underemployed members: $50
*Event fees are subject to taxes based on your region.
**Groups of 5+ eligible for reduced rate – contact us.
Code of Conduct and FAQ:
- Monday, May 8, 2023 – The Education Spring Conference: “Building Your Researcher Toolkit” (online)
- Tuesday, July 6, 2021 – Cognitive Biases and Our Relationship to Information
- Tuesday, June 8, 2021 – Use GIS to Visualize Family History
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 – French Services in an Anglophone Community
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021 – Facilitating Virtual Learning Circles for an Online Certification with the GISC
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020 – What’s Ethics Got to Do With It?
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020 – Connecting with Readers During COVID-19
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020 – Using Pop-Up Style Assessment Methods to Improve Your Library Website